- CF: The Frank
- Posts
- šµ Hostage Release Suspended
šµ Hostage Release Suspended
Good morning. Itās Monday, February 10.

Hamas announced on its Telegram account on Monday that it is canceling the release of hostages on February 15 until further notice due to an Israeli violation.
In light of Hamasās announcement, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu consulted with top security officials and has moved the security cabinet meeting to earlier on Tuesday, with it now being scheduled to take place at 11:00 a.m. local time.
One Israeli official told The Jerusalem Post that, in his view, Hamas did not attempt to sabotage the deal in its latest statement.


Former Donald Trump adviser Steve Bannon plans to plead guilty in a deal with New York state prosecutors to resolve fraud charges connected to fundraising for a U.S. southern border wall and allow him to avoid any prison time, legal trade publication Law360 reported.
The report cited a defense attorney for Bannon, John F. Carman.
āIt is anticipated that Mr. Bannon will plead guilty tomorrow under an agreement with the district attorney and the court that he will not receive a sentence that includes any jail time,ā Carman was quoted as saying.

Elon Musk contended that the Federal Emergency Management Agency sent a staggering $59 million ālast week to luxury hotels in New York City to house illegal migrants ā a claim that City Hall officials rebutted Monday.
The worldās richest man said in an early morning post on X that the funds were ājust discoveredā by his Department of Government Efficiency, or DOGEā even as President Trump called for a complete overhaul of FEMA that could even see it shuttered.
Trump last month signed an executive order to create a council to review FEMA as he expressed concerns over āserious concerns of political biasā in the agency.

President Trump signed an executive order formally halting all aid to South Africa and urged his Cabinet to come up with a resettlement program for Afrikaners who he claims āare victims of unjust racial discrimination,ā citing the countryās new land law intended to combat the racist apartheid era.
In the executive order, which the president inked on Friday, he hammered South Africa for allegedly seizing āethnic minority Afrikanersā agricultural property without compensation.ā He also went after the nation for taking āaggressive positionsā positions against Israel, a U.S. ally, namely over accusing the Jewish State of committing genocide in the Gaza Strip.
The order states that as long as South Africaās āunjust and immoral practicesā are in place, the U.S. āshall not provide aid or assistance to South Africa and the United States shall promote the resettlement of Afrikaner refugees escaping government-sponsored race-based discrimination, including racially discriminatory property confiscation.ā


Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has directed the military to pause integrating new transgender recruits and suspend planned medical procedures meant to treat current service members diagnosed with gender dysphoria in compliance with an executive order signed by President Trump that effectively bans trans military service.
āThe Department must ensure it is building āOne Forceā without subgroups defined by anything other than ability or mission adherence. Efforts to split our troops along the lines of identity weaken our Force and make us vulnerable. Such efforts must not be tolerated or accommodated,ā Hegseth wrote in a memorandum for senior Pentagon leadership, commanders of the combatant commands and Defense agency and DoD field activity directors dated Friday and unreported until now.
The one-page memo is the latest step in implementing Trumpās order barring transgender people from serving openly in the military, part of a broader effort to combat what the administration has described as āgender insanityā in the federal government.

The US military has significantly increased its surveillance of Mexican drug cartels over the past two weeks, with sophisticated spy planes flying at least 18 missions over the southwestern US and in international airspace around the Baja peninsula, according to open-source data and three US officials familiar with the missions.
The flights, conducted over a 10-day period in late January and early February, represent a dramatic escalation in activity, current and former military officials say, and come as President Donald Trump directs the military to secure the border and deter cartelsā drug smuggling operations.
The Pentagon has historically flown only about one surveillance mission a month around the US-Mexico border, according to one former military official with deep experience in homeland defense. Typically, officials instead focus these planes on collecting intelligence on other priorities, such as Russian activity in Ukraine or hunting Russian or Chinese submarines.

Professional activistsāand at least one congressional Democratāare scheming to spoil Trumpās historic mass deportation mandate by helping illegal aliens escape Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents and remain at large.
While hundreds of law firms offer ādeportation defenseā services, a network of fringe groups on the radical Left funded by George Soros and other mega-donors advise illegal aliens on how to avoid āICE ruses,ā some with ties to Marxist groups and Communist China. Working alongside them is socialist Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), who advised Muslim Somalis earlier this week on how to dodge ICEās questions about their immigration status.
āICE tells lies. Donāt fall for them,ā blasts the Immigrant Defense Project in an āshareable infographicā on the supposed rights of illegal aliens. āICEās most common lie is pretending to be local policy so you think you are helping police instead of helping ICE.ā

Romanian President Klaus Iohannis announced his resignation on Monday following mounting pressure from populist opposition groups, two months after a top court annulled a presidential election in the European Union country.
āTo spare Romania from this crisis, I am resigning as president of Romania,ā he said in an emotional address, adding that he will leave office on Feb. 12.
Iohannis, 65, held the presidential role since 2014 and served the maximum of two five-year terms. But his presidency was extended in December after the Constitutional Court canceled the presidential race two days before a Dec. 8 runoff.


Reply