đŸ”” New Mexico Mass Shooting

Good morning. It’s Saturday, March 22.

 

Three people were killed and at least 16 people were injured during a shooting at a park Friday night in Las Cruces, N.M., according to Johana Bencomo, the mayor pro tem.

“Part of me wanted to write that this is something you never really think is going to happen in your city, but that actually feels deeply untrue,” Ms. Bencomo wrote.

The shooting happened around 10 p.m. on Friday near the parking lot at Young Park, the police said on social media.

Pope Francis will be discharged from Rome’s Gemelli hospital on Sunday and will need at least two months of rest at the Vatican, doctors treating him have said.

The 88-year-old was admitted to the hospital on 14 February with double pneumonia.

During the past five weeks, he presented “two very critical episodes” where his “life was in danger”, Dr Sergio Alfieri, one of the doctors treating the Pope, said.

Donald Trump has been offered a minerals-for-security deal by the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), providing access to materials needed by America’s tech industry in return for help to defeat M23 rebels.

Felix Tshisekedi, the DRC president, proposed the US leader gain access to cobalt, lithium, copper and tantalum for a “formal security pact” to help defeat the Rwandan-backed militia.

He told Fox News that a partnership would allow the DRC to extract and process its critical minerals to benefit US companies, while also building up the African country’s defences.

Eight public Universities in Maine have caved to President Donald Trump’s order and will no longer allow trans-identifying men to compete in women’s sports.

A statement from the United States Department of Agriculture said that the University of Maine System (UMaine) will follow the Trump administration’s order barring trans-identifying men from competing in women’s sports after university funding was paused amid the state’s continued refusal to comply, Fox News reported.

“After the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) initiated a Title IX compliance review regarding federal funding, the University of Maine System (UMaine) has clearly communicated its compliance with Title IX’s requirement to protect equal opportunities for women and girls to compete in safe and fair sports, as articulated in President Donald J. Trump’s Executive Order,” the USDA statement read.

Bill Maher has called out liberals for being hypocritical after a wave of attacks on Teslas across the country.

Several Tesla dealerships around the country have been vandalized in recent weeks and the company’s stock price has plummeted over the past month.

During his opening monologue on ‘Real Time with Bill Maher’, the 69-year-old said: ‘Elon he has his problems, liberals are furious at Elon.

Disney’s Snow White is now in theaters, and the Mouse House’s latest live-action remake isn’t exactly off to the most magical start at the domestic box office.

The musical fantasy adventure, which stars Rachel Zegler as the titular Princess and Gal Gadot as the Evil Queen, took in $16 million on Friday (including Thursday pre-shows), which is just slightly higher than 2019’s Dumbo.

Despite initial estimates of $50 million, the movie is now on track for a $45 million (some believe it’ll be closer to $48M) opening weekend in the U.S., but is still expected to pass (or at least hit) $100 million worldwide by Monday.

Voice of America (VOA) employees filed a lawsuit against President Donald Trump’s administration and Kari Lake on Thursday after Trump ordered the agency to be dismantled earlier this month.

“In many parts of the world, a crucial source of objective news is gone, and only censored state-sponsored news media is left to fill the void,” the VOA employees argued in the lawsuit.

Trump signed an executive order in March that commanded the dismantling of seven government offices, including the United States Agency for Global Media, which is the parent company of Voice of America (VOA) and Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. Trump named Lake as a special advisor to the United States Agency for Global Media after he won the election.

Poland is preparing to lay up to one million anti-personnel mines along its eastern border as part of its newly announced East Shield defense initiative, according to PaweƂ Bejda, secretary of state at the Ministry of National Defense.

The decision comes as Poland, alongside Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, withdraws from the Ottawa Convention, which bans the use, production, and transfer of such mines.

“We have no choice. The situation at the border is very serious. Mines will be one of the elements of the East Shield,” Bejda stated in an interview with RMF FM, highlighting Poland’s increasing focus on fortifying its defenses against potential threats from Russia and Belarus.

Reply

or to participate.